frequently questioned answers
- What is the largest file size that Pumpkin will support as a TFT server?
A word of warning: This reply is purely theoretical as I have never tested PumpKIN for ability to transfer large files. If PumpKIN fails to transfer big files due to the bug, not protocol limitations, I would rather fix it than make this bug into the feature by documenting it.
TFTP protocol by default operates on 512 bytes long blocks, counted using a 16 bits word. Which means that the file size is limited to 65536*512=32M. Although, if both sides supports it you can raise the limit by increasing the block size. For example, if you use 1024 bytes long blocks you can go as far as 64M.
And I do not think it is a good idea to use TFTP to transfer large files, anyway.
- Hello, I'm trying to make PumpKIN run as a service in Windows by using the NT Resource Kit's INSTSRV.EXE and SRVANY.EXE. I know it is running because I can hear the default sounds playing when it receives a request. But it does not serve the file and dies with "Error on server : Access violation". What would that mean? Thanks!
After a short email exchange the author of the question came up with the solution and kindly shared it with other users:
- INSTSRV.EXE and SRVANY.EXE for Windows NT Resource Kit
- Install PumpKIN
- Copy INSTSRV.EXE and SRVANY.EXE to the PumpKIN directory
- Run INSTSRV.EXE tftp "<PumpKIN install dir>\SRVANY.EXE"
- Run regedt32
- In HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\tftp create a key called "Parameters" (no quotes)
- In the new "Parameters" Key, create a string value "Application"
- Double click the new "Application" and enter "<PumpKIN install dir>\PumpKIN.exe" (no quotes)
- Open Services Console and find the service tftp
- Right click tftp, ask for properties
- Click Log On tab and mark "Allow Service to interact with desktop"
- Start the service — PumpKIN interface will popup
- Configure PumpKIN to your liking and remove any prompting for confirmations.
- Stop the service and back to properties
- Click Log On tab and uncheck "Allow Service to interact with desktop"
- Start the service again, all should work.
- Our free softwareKIN
- tinimalistic template preprocessorcliche
- Eye-Fi card manageriii
- Sleeptracker® PRO softwarenapkin
- flickr manager firefox extensionfireflix
- midi manipulation c++ library and toolsmidillo
- c++ OpenID support librarylibopkele
- convenience librarykonforka
- process monitoring daemondudki
- c++ web development enginesitecing
- c++ CGI support librarykingate
- ntalk client and daemonT42
- syslog serverklog
- console mode telnet clientkinsole
- TFTP server and clientpumpkin
- simple network monitoring toolbigbrother
- download mirrors evaluatordipstick